Today, Airbus has delivered the 350th A350 XWB. Named “Nice”, the aircraft goes to Air France, being their 4th A350-900. F-HTYD will shortly begin flying to Bamako and Abidjan.
In returning to its tradition of naming its aircraft, Air France has called its 4th A350-900 Nice, in tribute to the iconic city on the French Riviera and gateway to the Mediterranean. Nice joins the A350s already delivered to the company – Toulouse, Lyon and St. Denis de la Réunion. By 2025, Air France will take delivery of 38 Airbus A350s, the new jewel in its long-haul fleet.
For the 2020 summer season, Air France will serve 6 long-haul destinations by Airbus A350 on departure from Paris-Charles de Gaulle – Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Bamako (Mali), Bangkok (Thailand), Atlanta, Boston, Washington (USA).
• Bamako – Abidjan: 1 daily flight
• Bangkok: 3 weekly flights (outbound flight on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday; return on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday)
• Atlanta: 1 daily flight
• Boston: 1 daily flight until 4 May and subsequently 2 daily flights
• Washington: 1 daily flight as from 5 June 2020
The Air France Airbus A350 has 324 seats, with 34 in the Business cabin, 24 in the Premium Economy cabin and 266 in the Economy cabin. In Business, the seat turns into a real 2 metre-long lie-flat bed, guaranteeing restful sleep. In Premium Economy, the brand new “Recliner” seat is 48cm wide and reclines to 124°. In Economy, the seat has been redesigned for even more comfort, with a reinforced ergonomic seat cushion, a 118° seat recline, as well as a 79-cm seat pitch. Each cabin features large individual High Definition touch screens.
To stay connected on board the Airbus A350, customers have access to Air France CONNECT, the inflight Wi-Fi service, which offers 3 types of passes:
• A free “Message” pass for all, to send and receive messages during the entire flight;
• A “Surf” pass, costing between €3 and €18 (6,000 Miles), to surf the internet, consult and send emails;
• A “Stream” pass, costing €30 (10,000 Miles), to enjoy high-speed internet access, streaming and downloading, including the “Message” and “Surf” passes.
Today's an Xtra special day as we're celebrating the delivery of the 350th #A350 XWB with @airfrance. Take our Instagram Story quiz (➡️https://t.co/XSpbRornTC) and check how well you know the world's most modern, eco-efficient widebody aircraft! pic.twitter.com/INC2HgpBfC
— Airbus (@Airbus) February 4, 2020