Following the shareholders’ meeting of Air Italy (Alisarda and Qatar Airways) which decided the “liquidazione in bonis” of the company, Air Italy informs that from 11 to 25 February 2020 inclusive, all Air Italy flights will be operated by other carriers at the times and on the days previously scheduled. All passengers who booked flights (outward or return) after 25 February 2020 will be re-protected or fully refunded.
• All scheduled flights (outward or return) up to and including 25 February 2020 (including the first departures on the morning of 26 February 2020 of domestic flights to Malpensa and from Male and Dakar airports) will be regularly operated, without any changes to the original scheduled dates and times and on the same flight conditions. Passengers will be able to fly using their ticket. Alternatively, passengers can always opt for a full ticket refund by emailing the following address firstname.lastname@example.org (or contacting their travel agency) prior to their flight’s departure time.
• For all tickets scheduled to depart by 25 February and to return after 25 February 2020:
– the outward journey will be regularly operated, without any changes to the original scheduled dates and times and the same flight conditions; with regards to the return flight, passengers will be offered a travel option on the first available flight of another carrier, the details of which will be provided from 18 February 2020 by calling the following number from Italy: 892928, from abroad: +39078952682, from Usa: +1 866 3876359, from Canada: +1 800 7461888, or by contacting the travel agency in the case of purchase through this channel.
– Alternatively, passengers can opt to claim their refund for unused flight segments, by emailing the following address email@example.com(or by contacting the travel agency if the ticket was purchased through it) prior to the flight’s departure time.
• Tickets for return flights after 25 February 2020:
– If purchased directly via the web (Air Italy portal) or Air Italy contact center, they will be fully refunded in a manner that will be provided via email, or requesting it at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
– If purchased through the Air Italy ticket office, they will be fully refunded by going to any Air Italy ticket office
– If purchased through a travel agency it will be necessary to request a refund or a change of travel by contacting the agency
All bookings for which the travel document has not been completed through the purchase of the ticket will automatically lapse. Air Italy has four A330-200s and eight 737s, four of which are MAXs.
“Since the acquisition on 28 September 2017 of a minority stake in Air Italy, Qatar Airways has strongly believed in the company and in its potential, supporting management’s proposed business plan with a view to improving Air Italy’s growth and job creation, with the addition of long-haul routes and numerous in-flight service improvements, in line with Qatar Airways’ globally renowned high standards. Despite our minority shareholder’s role, Qatar Airways has continuously provided all possible support to Air Italy right from the beginning, from releasing aircraft from our fleet and ordering new aircraft for Air Italy, to backing management choices and injecting capital and investment as required and permitted.
Even with the changing competitive environment and the increasingly difficult market conditions severely impacting the air transport industry, Qatar Airways has continually reaffirmed its commitment, as a minority shareholder, to continue investing in the company to create value for Italy and the travelling public and to provide support for Air Italy and its staff because for Qatar Airways the focus on employees is a core priority in its strive for excellence – in addition to supporting local communities and other stakeholders. For this reason, Qatar Airways was ready once again to play its part in supporting the growth of the airline, but this would only have been possible with the commitment of all shareholders.”