On June 14th, Air France’s long-haul network will expand with the launch of a new Paris CDG – Chennai route. It will be operated three times weekly with Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners offering 279 seats (30 in Business Class, 21 in Premium Economy and 228 in Economy).
Tickets will be available for booking from March 3rd. Chennai is the 4th gateway of the Air France network in India after Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. For the 2020 summer season, Air France will operate 24 weekly flights to the 4 destinations. KLM will operate 14 weekly flights to Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. In total, the Air France-KLM group will operate 38 weekly flights to India from its two hubs at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam Schiphol.
AF108 Paris CDG – Chennai 10:10 – 23:30 / Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
AF107 Chennai – Paris CDG 01:05 – 08:00 / Monday, Wednesday, Friday
For Air France customers traveling to Chennai, the Boeing 787-9 provides:
- The new Air France travel cabins – a real cocoon in the sky in the Business cabin (30 seats); more comfort in Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy cabins (228 seats);
- On-board WiFi adapted to customers’ needs and expectations;
- Windows that are approximately 30% larger than on similar aircraft;
- Improved air pressure and humidity levels for greater travel comfort;
- 20% less fuel consumption than previous generation aircraft;
- A significant reduction in CO2 emissions (about 20%) and noise emissions.