Today, for the first time in 21 years, SAS has launched a brand new visual identity and revealed a new design for its aircraft exterior, a modern take on classic Scandinavian design. The new Airbus A350 and A320neo will be the first to feature the new livery.
NICE TOUCH! A Secret Verse – one of the hidden details of SAS’ new livery. The inner side of some of the engine nacelles…
Following new SAS cabin and onboard concepts introduced in 2015, the new livery launched today fulfills an ambition to align the exterior and interior of SAS. The new livery embraces this unique relationship by extending the blue color of the tail further down the fuselage and by adding a new big silver SAS logo to the front of the aircraft. “The new livery design is a symbol of our future, a more sustainable and competitive future for SAS, but one that also embraces our heritage. Travelers from Scandinavia will recognize their home, while global travelers will encounter the renowned feeling of the Nordics,” says Rickard Gustafson, President and CEO at SAS.
DETAILS / The #newlivery of SAS has been unveiled today. Thoughts?VIDEO http://aeronews.ro/video-scandinavian-airlines-has-unveiled-its-new-livery/
The roll-out of the new SAS livery will follow the normal maintenance program of the aircraft, meaning the existing fleet will be updated with the new livery in accordance to an already scheduled repaint process each 5-6 years. All SAS aircraft will feature the new livery by 2024. SAS has chosen an advanced coating material, provided by AkzoNobel, allowing fewer layers of color to be added. This reduces the weight of the aircraft significantly and translates into fuel savings as well as reduced CO2 emissions. Furthermore, the paint contains less toxins than conventional paint systems, while the increased durability allows for longer intervals between complete repaints.
MORE PHOTOS / SAS' new livery unveiled today, "a modern take on classic Scandinavian design". The Airbus A350 and…
The new Airbus A350 and A320neo will be among the first to feature the new livery. In total, as a part the modernization of the short and long-haul fleet, SAS will take delivery of A320neo (80), A330 Enhanced (5), A350 (8), and A321LR (3) aircraft before the end of 2023. Explore the new livery in detail here.
Scandinavian Airlines: “Following new SAS cabin and on-board concepts introduced in 2015, the new livery launched today…
Introducing our new look – a visual symbol of SAS modernizing our fleet and bringing the most fuel efficient planes, the Airbus A320neo and A350, to our travelers. Painting out a more sustainable future for aviation. See you in the clouds! Experience the new livery: www.flysas.com/en/newfleet/
Publicată de SAS – Scandinavian Airlines pe Joi, 19 septembrie 2019
Key features of the new SAS livery:
- The previous grey color used on the fuselage has been updated to a fresher shade of grey.
- A big proud and confident SAS logo has been placed at the front of the plane, in a silver grey tone.
- Analysis and customer feedback showed that the unique SAS blue color is strongly recognized by the community of SAS travelers. The new SAS livery embraces this unique relation between SAS and true travelers by enhancing and extending the blue color of the tail further down the belly of the plane.
- The earlier red engines have now been turned into silver grey and dressed with SAS blue crowns to harmonize with the SAS current visual identity, and to also embrace the connection to the SAS blue for SAS true travelers.
- The word mark “Scandinavian” is still located on the engines, but it is now in dark grey, in order to provide sufficient contrast to the light grey and silver color of the fuselage and to flirt with the SAS interior design color scheme.
- The word “Scandinavian” has also been largely and proudly placed under the plane on the belly as a symbol for SAS’s Scandinavian heritage and for clear visual identification from the ground.
- The Scandinavian heritage is also shown in the three Scandinavian flags that have been updated in a modern, elegant way.