In recent days, oneworld received 4 airline alliance awards, adding to the alliance’s record of accolades in 2019. oneworld is the repeat winner of all 4 awards following consecutive wins in the past several years, underlining its status as the preferred alliance among customers in the business travel segment.
It was named the winner of the following awards:
• Best Airline Alliance for the 10th consecutive year in the Global Traveler GT Tested Reader Survey awards
• Best Airline Alliance for the fifth year running in Business Traveler North America’s 31st Annual Best in Business Travel Awards
• World’s Leading Airline Alliance for the 17th consecutive year in the World Travel Awards
• Best Alliance Wines on the Wing for the third year in a row, in the Global Traveler Wines on the Wing airline wine survey
For its 10th consecutive win in the Global Traveler GT Tested Reader Survey awards, oneworld was also lauded with a Hall of Fame award. The 4 awards are the latest additions to the multiple repeat wins by oneworld in the recent year. Earlier in 2019, it took home the following awards:
• Best Airline Alliance in the Business Traveller Awards for the seventh year in a row
• Alliance for the most on-time flights in 2018 in the FlightStats ranking for the sixth year running
• Favourite Airline Alliance in the Trazee Travel Awards for the third year running
• Best Airline Alliance in the 2018 Business Traveller Cellars in the Sky Awards for the 10th consecutive year
Several oneworld member airlines were also named winners in the recent round of awards. American Airlines took home 5 titles in the Global Traveler GT Tested Reader Survey awards: Best Airline Website, Fastest-Growing Airline (Trans-Pacific), Best Airline for Domestic First Class, Best Frequent-Flyer Customer Service and Best Airline App. Japan Airlines was named Best Trans-Pacific Airline and Best Airline to Japan.
In Business Traveler North America’s 31st Annual Best in Business Travel Awards, British Airways was named Best Airline in Western Europe and Best Business Class to Western Europe. Cathay Pacific won Best Airline in Asia and Best Airline for Transpacific Service. Qantas was named Best Business Class to Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific.
In the World Travel Awards, American Airlines was awarded United States’ Leading Airline to Central America and United States’ Leading Airline to the Caribbean. British Airways won Europe’s Leading Airline – First Class and Europe’s Leading Airline to North America. SriLankan Airlines was named World’s Leading Airline to the Indian Ocean and Asia’s Leading Airline to the Indian Ocean.
In the Global Traveler Wines on the Wing airline wine survey, American Airlines won for Best International First-Class Wines on the Wing, Best North American Wines on the Wing and Best North American White Wine.
oneworld brings together 13 world-class airlines – American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 of their affiliates. Royal Air Maroc is on track to join during 2020. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner.